Hollywood Construction Photo Gallery
Read more about the history of the Hollywood and PVN's contributions to the theater's redevelopment here.
February 1, 2017
Have you walked past the Hollywood Theater recently? Its flittering lights invite you to stroll beneath the marquee!
December 23, 2016
A lot has happened at the Hollywood since our last update:
- The exterior rehabilitation of the Hollywood Theater is nearly complete!
- The front doors and trim, ticket booth, exterior lighting, and poster cases will be completed soon.
- Stay tuned for additional construction updates...
August 29, 2016
A couple more updates from the last week:
- The balcony is primed
- The green chimney tiles are working their way up the stack. (Dale Olson of Olson Sheet Metal is in the construction boom sealing the joints of the tiles.)
August 16, 2016
More work is happening at the Hollywood Theater!
- All marquee running lights have been installed.
- The green chimney tiles are being reinstalled.
- Wood trim is being installed at the ticket booth.
April 21, 2016
The painted and restored 'HOLLYWOOD' letters are back on the marquee!
February 18, 2016
- The ceiling in the ticket booth has been framed. Material selections for the replacement countertop took place last week.
- The existing deck has been removed from the marquee roof. After field inspections the new deck will be installed, with installation of the marquee roof following shortly thereafter.
- The internal rain water leader system is undergoing some replacements and upgrades.
- Stay tuned for reconstruction of the chimney in early March (weather permitting).
January 22, 2016
The 'HOLLYWOOD' marquee letters are completely repaired and repainted. They will be ready to be installed soon. Stay tuned! In addition, framing work on the ticket booth reconstruction has started again.
January 6, 2016
The Hollywood marquee letters have been removed and are being cleaned, repaired, and repainted.
November 19, 2015
The ticket booth has been deconstructed and removed and construction of the new ticket booth has begun. Replacement chimney tiles are being fabricated and the remaining historic chimney tiles are being repaired and cleaned.
November 2, 2015
The areaway below the sidewalk has been back-filled and the exterior wall infilled with concrete block. The footing for the reconstructed ticket booth has been poured. The concrete sidewalk has been poured. Scaffolding will be installed this week for overhead protection during the exterior masonry rehabilitation. Interior demolition of non-historic items has begun.
October 19, 2015
Scaffolding has been constructed around the chimney. The limestone veneer and brick back-up of the chimney has been disassembled in preparation of rebuilding the back-up structure and reinstalling the stone veneer. Repointing mortar and limestone patch mock-ups are being prepared in order to begin the masonry rehabilitation of the chimney and west facade.
October 6, 2015
We are delighted that construction has officially begun at the Hollywood Theater. A construction lift and scaffolding are already on site , and work on the exterior restoration will be in full swing shortly.