Photo Gallery: H. H. Jewell Construction Complete
The H. H. Jewell building at 207 West Main Street in Wabasha, Minnesota opens a new chapter as the home of Wabasha Dentistry, the dental clinic of Doctors Robert Mann and Scott Durand. The rectangular two-story brick Italianate commercial-style building was constructed in 1880 to serve as a hardware store for Henry Holmes Jewell. The H. H. Jewell building, which fronts on West Main Street and Alleghany Avenue, is located in, and contributes to, the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)-listed Wabasha Commercial District. The Wabasha Commercial District includes 59 properties and is significant under Criterion A for its association with commerce.
PVN provided historic preservation consulting services to rehabilitate the H.H. Jewell Building, previously used as a drugstore and hardware store, for use as a dental clinic. The scope of services included historic tax credit applications and advising on design solutions to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.
Photos courtesy of Scott Durand